Schnorrer:

Losing my religion ... der Hammer schlechthin:

20.05.02 22:38
Hidden Agenda behind the "War on Terrorism":

US Bombing of Afghanistan restores Trade in Narcotics

by Michel Chossudovsky

Centre for Research on Globalisation (CRG),  globalresearch.ca ,  20 May  2002

--------------------------------------------------

CRG's Global Outlook, premiere issue on  "Stop the War" provides detailed documentation on the war and September 11 Order/subscribe. Consult Table of Contents

--------------------------------------------------

In 2000, the Taliban government under advice from the United Nations Drug Control Program (UNDCP) imposed a total ban on opium production. Prior to the ban, according to the US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Afghanistan produced more than 70% of the world's opium in 2000, and about 80% of opiate products (meaning heroin) destined to the European market.1

The annual proceeds of the Afghan Golden Crescent drug trade (between 100 and 200 billion dollars) represented approximately one third of the worldwide annual turnover of narcotics, estimated by the United Nations to be of the order of $500 billion.2  

In many regards, the trade in narcotics as well as the drug routes to the European and North American markets are considered to be "strategic". There are powerful financial interests behind the drug trade. The interests have an influence on the conduct of US foreign policy.

These multibillion dollar revenues of narcotics were deposited in the Western banking system. Most of the large international banks -together with their affiliates in the offshore banking havens-laundered large amounts of narco-dollars. In other words, Afghanistan, the poorest country on earth, was the source of tremendous financial wealth derived from the drug trade to financial institutions, business syndicates and organised crime. Part of the drug related revenues accrue to the CIA, which continues to protect both the Asian and Latin American drug trade.

Following the year 2000 ban on poppy production imposed by the Taliban government, opium production collapsed by more than 90 percent, leading to a dwindling drug trade and substantial losses to financial institutions, interests.3 The Northern Alliance became the main political force involved in protecting the production and marketing of raw opium.

The Drug Trade Restored by the US Puppet Regime
The bombing of Afghanistan served to restore the multibillion drug trade, which is protected by the CIA.

Immediately following the installation of the US puppet government under Prime Minister Hamid Kharzai, opium production soared, regaining its historic levels. According to the UNDCP, opium cultivation increased by 657 % in 2002 (in relation to its 2001 level). In 2001, opium cultivation had fallen to an estimated 7606ha.(See table below). It is currently estimated by the UNDCP to be of the order of 45 000 -65 000ha.  

In the immediate wake of September 11, the price of opium in Afghanistan increased three-fold. By early 2002, the price (dollar/kg) was almost ten times higher than in the year 2000.4

Losing my religion ... der Hammer schlechthin: Kicky
Kicky:

wundert dich das?

20.05.02 22:47
was bleibt denen denn übrig,das Zeug wächst selbst in den höher gelegenen Bereichen noch besser als Korn.Und soweit ich informiert bin fliessen ja die beschlossenen Unterstützungsgelder noch immer nicht,die Karsairegierung ist quasi pleite,Lehrer,Ärzte und  Krankenschwestern könen nicht bezahlt werden.Wovon sollen denn die armen Leute weiter abseits von Kabul leben, nachdem ihre Hütten zerstört sind?Der Hanadel mit Opium nach Peshawar und Tadschikistan war ja laut Aussage der Menschenrechtsorganisation gut eingespielt und die Warlords verdienen damit für ihre Kriegführung,Dostal im Norden war doch einer der wichtigsten Opiumhändler,warum sollte er damit aufhören?Zumal-wie du so schön kopiert hast-der CIA doch das Ganze eigentlich angefangen hat,um die Russen zu schädigen.Wieder eine von den CIA-Aktionen die nach hinten losgegangen sind wie die Ausbildung der Osama bin Laden-Kämpfer vor einigen Jahren.
Losing my religion ... der Hammer schlechthin: Schnorrer
Schnorrer:

was mich wundert, ist die Masse der öffentlich

20.05.02 22:50
zugänglichen Information und die vollkommene Abstinenz von Konsequenzen daraus.

Nennt man das Faschismus?
Losing my religion ... der Hammer schlechthin: Boersiator
Boersiator:

Nein o.T.

20.05.02 22:53
Losing my religion ... der Hammer schlechthin: MaMoe

Der Witz an der Sache ist, dass man das "Wunder-

mittel" vollkommmen problemlos in einem anständigen Labor ohne weiteres herstellen kann ... Rohopium ist im Grunde nicht notwendig:

Dopamin + 3,4-Dihydroxyphenylethanal  ---> N-Norlaudanosolin ---> über mehrere Zwischenstufen (Reticulin / Salutaridin, Salutaridinol, ...) --> Morphin --> Heroin

Die Ausgangsstoffe kosten ein paar Cents ... warum macht man sich überhaupt die Mühe und baut Mohn an ??? Die Extraktion von Morphin dürfte ähnlich "schwierig" sein, wie die Ausgangsstoffe billig zu kaufen ... aber von mir aus ...

Börsenforum - Gesamtforum - Antwort einfügen - zum ersten Beitrag springen
--button_text--