Motorola (MOT) said that it does not expect to achieve first quarter earnings and sales estimates as a "sharp" economic slowdown and inventory corrections led to "significant" weakness in order input. If current conditions were to continue, Motorola said it expects to incur an operating loss for the quarter. The company had previously indicated that it expected to earn 12 cents per share on revenue of $8.8 billion. The company said it continues to "actively adjust its cost structure" and will take additional cost reduction steps in the future. The stock closed down 4 cents at $17.29 on Thursday.
wieder, dass nur Idioten an der Boerse sind. Weil ein Unternehmen ne Gewinnwarnung verlauten laesst, wird alles ums verrecken verhökert und das auf einem Niveau, wo man schon Traenen in den Augen hat.