Research and Markets: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Pipeline Assessment & Forecasts to 2017: MRSA Market in High Growth Trajectory Expected to Mature by 2017
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (www.researchandmarkets.com/research/00ab1d/methicillinresist) has announced the addition of GlobalData 's new report "Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017" to their offering.
“Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global MRSA market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by a team of industry experts.
The MRSA Market Is In High Growth Trajectory Mode That Is Expected To Mature By 2017.
The global Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) market was valued at $900m in 2010 and is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.8% for the next seven years to reach $1,249m by 2017. The growth will primarily be driven by an increase in the average number of days spent in the hospitals due to inappropriate initial antibiotic treatment and steady increases in elderly and immuno-suppressed populations. At present, the market has six approved therapies, out of which Vancomycin and Synercid (quinupristin+dalfopristin) are generic and the other four are branded drugs.
Currently, the market is dominated by drugs like Vancomycin, Zyvox (linezolid) and Cubicin (daptomycin). As the disease is curable when identified in time, the unmet need seems to be low. Although the existing drugs such as Vancomycin, Zyvox, Cubicin, Tygacil (tygecycline), Vibativ (televancin) and Synercid are capable of curing the disease, there are still unmet needs which can be tapped with those emerging agents which have better safety profiles.
Strong Market Consists of Six Therapies That Increased the MRSA Therapeutics Market
Pfizer, Theravance Inc., and Cubist Pharmaceuticals remain the leading competitors in the global MRSA therapeutics market. The competitive landscape is strong, with six approved therapies. The market remains highly consolidated. These players captured the market in the past few years and are expected to be the market leaders for next three to four years with products like Zyvox, Cubicin and Vibativ until new players emerge, like Takeda/Forest with ceftaroline, Basilea with ceftobiprole, Trius with Torezolid (TR-701) and Paratek with PTK0796 enter into the market which will intensify the competition in the future.
• Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) MRSA market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for seven years to 2017.
• Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) binders, Transglycosylation and Transpeptidation inhibitor, Pleuromutilin bacterial protein synthesis inhibitor, CYP3A4-specific inhibitors and Membrane lysing action.
• Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries MRSA market. Key market players covered are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited/ Forest Laboratories, Merck & Co., Inc., Astrazeneca PLC, Trius Therapeutics, e-Therapeutics, Nabriva Therapeutics, TrioBiotics Pharma and Basilea Pharma.
• Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
• Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the MRSA therapeutics market.
• Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in MRSA market
• Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
• Merck & Co., Inc.
• Basilea Pharmaceuticals
• Forest Laboratories
• The Medicines Company
• Nabriva Therapeutics AG
• TrioBiotics Pharma AG
• AstraZeneca PLC
• GlaxoSmithKline plc
• e-Therapeutics plc
“Es hört doch nur jeder, was er versteht.”