Please, see the following statement from the RSA Lisbon Law Firm:
1) Just on 01.11.2021, the parties were notified of the judgment issued in Case No. 2586 / 14.3BELSB, which had been sectioned as a pilot case (main action) to enter into force in all judicial cases with the same object, such as the process we follow;
2) In view of the broad scope of the aforementioned judgment, we inform you in very brief terms that the judges of the Lisbon AdministrativeCourt considered that the main action was totally unfounded, with the consequent acquittal of the requested entity, which has effects on the judicial process that we accompany, also determining its lack of foundation;
3) The Sentence is attached in the main page of the website: www.internationalvictimsbes.info
4) On February 9, 2021, RSA filed an appeal for protection and defense of the procedural rights of those affected by the aforementioned judgment before the competent Superior Court, and the process is suspended until a final judgment is issued by the Supreme Administrative Court of the resources presented in the pilot process (main action).
5) Due to the slowness of the Portuguese administrative courts, it is not possible, at this stage, to indicate a forecast so that a final decision is known, but we will try to report as soon as there is news.
6) The Appeal for Protection is presentedat no additional cost to the injured parties and the resolution thereof will be communicated in due course.
7) RSA lawyers tell us that in parallel a criminal action has been initiated by the Government of Portugal and they indicate that for victims who want to reinforce their action to defend their economic interests, they can join this action promoted by the Government of Portugal against 25 entities, 18 persons and 7 legal persons.
Although the current action is against the administrative decision of the Bank of Portugal, the criminal action is against the assets of the aforementioned entities, in such a way that those affected can claim their financial compensation.
8) The details of said criminal action as well as the possibility of holding a videoconference of the interested parties with the Lisbon lawyers will be sent in a new statement in the coming days.
-------- ------------- --------- -------------- ---------------------- -----------
Anexamos a seguinte declaração do Escritório de Advocacia RSA Lisboa: