Asian Mineral Resources Limited (“AMR”) is developing the Ban Phuc Nickel Project, located 160 km north-west of Hanoi in the Son La Province, which is 90% owned by its subsidiary Ban Phuc Nickel Mines LLC. The remaining 10% is held by AMR’s Vietnamese partner.
The Ban Phuc Nickel Project
As one of the few remaining high-grade, near-term nickel sulphide projects, The Ban Phuc Nickel Project represents a unique opportunity in the nickel sector. The project comprises a massive sulphide vein (“MSV”) with a simple floatation processing operation.
AMR is also developing a smelting operation at the Ban Phuc site, which will produce a high-grade nickel matte with a significant copper by-product. AMR has completed preliminary engineering studies which indicate attractive economics associated with a smelting operation and AMR is currently undertaking a detailed feasibility study.
The development of the project is in its advanced stages, with underground and surface infrastructure near completion and production planned to occur in June 2013.
Ban Phuc is the only project of its kind in Vietnam and represents a unique platform to develop a significant nickel industry in Vietnam.