AMSTERDAM, Nov. 29, 2016
AMSTERDAM, Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Constellium N.V. (NYSE and Euronext: CSTM) will exhibit its latest portfolio of advanced innovative aluminium solutions for the aerospace, automotive and packaging industries at ALUMINIUM 2016 World Trade Fair and Conference. Constellium will also offer a new virtual reality experience allowing visitors to explore its aluminium automotive products through VR-glasses. Visitors will enter a virtual vehicle and experience 3D first-hand Constellium's broad range of products for the automotive industry.
"ALUMINIUM 2016 is a great opportunity for Constellium to showcase the impressive results of our strategic focus on growth, innovation and sustainability. This translates into additional industrial capabilities, an expanded footprint and new products to benefit our customers," said Peter Basten, Executive Vice-President, Strategy, Business Development, Research & Technology at Constellium.
Constellium's display will feature several of its latest technologies and products that enable customers to respond to the challenges of climate change by minimizing CO2 emissions through weight reduction to contribute to a sustainable future:
- Surfalex® HF is a new skin material for complex automotive parts such as side panels which provides superior formability in terms of deep drawing, hole expansion and stretch forming during the stamping process, while keeping excellent surface aspect;
- HSA6 is a new generation of high-strength alloys for Crash Management Systems and fabricated extruded parts for automotive structures and chassis components. HSA6 is the highest strength 6xxx series alloy available on the market for these applications;
- Aeral™ is an aluminium solution that enables the production of aerosol cans with "Draw and Iron" technology (D&I). Aeral™ allows up to 30% weight saving compared to conventional impact extrusion presses, while maintaining the same level of performance in terms of formability and pressure resistance;
- Airware® is a comprehensive offer of high-performance aluminium-lithium alloys, perfectly suited for all parts of aircraft and spacecraft primary structures. Airware®'s lower density and improved material properties allow an optimization of structural designs, which leads to an overall weight reduction and a drop in CO2 emissions;
- Precision plates for industrial applications offer cost savings and reduction of machining cycle times; and
- Kool X™ is a new solution for demanding heat exchanger applications, providing an advanced combination of claddability, improved fatigue and corrosion resistance.
As part of the ALUMINIUM 2016 Conference, Constellium offers three presentations focused on new technologies and its commitment to sustainability:
- "Constellium's 360° automotive offer" provides preview of the automotive virtual reality experience featured on the booth with specific insight into our most recent automotive developments, particularly on automotive body sheet and automotive structures.
Presented by Catherine Athènes, Director, Marketing, Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products, November 29 at 11:00.
- "Accelerating the development of lightweight aluminium solutions for automotive structures and Crash Management Systems" takes a closer look at HSA6, Constellium's latest high-strength alloy. It will also highlight capabilities of the new Constellium University Technology Center at Brunel University London, a dedicated center of excellence for the design, development and full-scale rapid prototyping of aluminium alloys, extrusions and automotive structural components.
Presented by Martin Jarrett, Director, Operational Excellence and Technology, November 30 at 9:00.
- "Aluminium recycling from material flow analysis to optimal recycling" explains how Life Cycle Assessment and Mass Flow Analysis tools contribute to our understanding of the importance of end of life recycling and its optimization through better sorting and eco-design.
Presented by Olivier Neel, Manager, Sustainability, November 30 at 16:20.
Industry professionals and media are invited to visit Constellium at Booth 13H11 in Hall 13 and exchange ideas with our team of experts. For additional information on the event visit https://www.aluminium-messe.com/.
Constellium (NYSE and Euronext: CSTM) is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value added aluminium products for a broad scope of markets and applications, including aerospace, automotive and packaging. Constellium generated €5.2 billion of revenue in 2015.
Forward Looking Statement
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. This press release may contain "forward looking statements" with respect to our business, results of operations and financial condition, and our expectations or beliefs concerning future events and conditions. You can identify forward-looking statements because they contain words such as, but not limited to, "believes," "expects," "may," "should," "approximately," "anticipates," "estimates," "intends," "plans," "targets," likely," "will," "would," "could" and similar expressions (or the negative of these terminologies or expressions). All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Many risks and uncertainties are inherent in our industry and markets. Others are more specific to our business and operations. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the ability of Constellium and Wise Metals to achieve expected synergies and the timing thereof; the risk that the businesses will not be integrated successfully or such integration may be more difficult, time-consuming or costly than expected; Constellium's increased levels of indebtedness as a result of the acquisition of Wise Metals, which could limit Constellium's operating flexibility and opportunities; the potential failure to retain key employees as a result of the acquisition of Wise Metals or during the integration of the business, the loss of customers, suppliers and other business relationships as a result of the acquisition of Wise Metals; disruptions to business operations resulting from the acquisition of Wise Metals; slower or lower than expected growth in the North American market for Body-in-White aluminium rolled products and other risk factors set forth under the heading "Risk Factors" in our Annual Report on Form 20-F, and as described from time to time in subsequent reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The occurrence of the events described and the achievement of the expected results depend on many events, some or all of which are not predictable or within our control. Consequently, actual results may differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.