LONDON, July 1, 2014
LONDON, July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
London Beats New York as the Favoured City for Relocation
The fifth Global Professionals on the Move Report from Hydrogen Group, a leading global recruitment company, found the number of people willing to work abroad has doubled over five years. 35% of those surveyed are willing to work abroad compared to 16% five years ago, and 40% believe that there are no barriers to moving abroad.
As in previous years, English-speaking countries remain the top choice for candidates, but while the US led the list of preferred countries, London beat New York as the top choice for relocation.
- The percentage of people willing to work abroad has more than doubled from 16% to 35% in five years.
- 40% working abroad said there were no barriers to moving abroad, compared to 0% in 2010
- London is the top city to relocate to with double the respondents (14%) choosing London over New York (7%).
- The US remained the top country destination, but the UK is fast closing the gap.
- 25% said international work experience improved their career prospects (17% in 2010).
- 98% of people, now and in 2010, would recommend working abroad to others.
Tim Smeaton, Hydrogen Group CEO, said: "We now have a worldwide talent pool to draw candidates from. As we emerge from the recession, the war for global talent will only intensify and clients will need to think clearly about how they will attract the best talent."
Kit Malthouse, Deputy Mayor for Business and Enterprise said: "London is the commercial capital of the world and a magnet for top talent from all sectors who want to come here and contribute to our economic dynamism. We have the time zone, the language and the vibe that attracts a remarkable critical mass of talent."
The report was compiled alongside ESCP Europe with 2,444 respondents from across industries in 99 countries. To access the report: http://bit.ly/1lOx2w1
About Hydrogen Group
Hydrogen is a global recruiter solving the talent shortages of some of the world's leading organisations. We make it our business to understand our clients and their markets, advising them on their resourcing needs, whether for a highly specialised role or to meet large scale requirements arising from a project within their business.