SECAUCUS, N.J., Nov. 30, 2016
SECAUCUS, N.J., Nov. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Vitamin Shoppe enters its tenth year of partnership with the charity, Vitamin Angles with a customer fundraising campaign for the month of December aimed at combating malnutrition. Vitamin Angels' mission is to help at-risk populations in need—specifically pregnant women, new mothers and children under five—gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. Over the past decade, partnership with The Vitamin Shoppe has raised over eight million dollars and has allowed Vitamin Angels to reach over 32 million children and moms worldwide.
"We are proud to celebrate our ten-year partnership with Vitamin Angels. This year's campaign will reach more customers through all our channels to help improve the lives of mothers and children worldwide," said Doug Jones, Chief Merchandising Officer, The Vitamin Shoppe. "We thank our customers for their support in this cause and hope that everyone helps us combat childhood malnutrition in one of the many ways—whether 'buying an angel' at the register, using our campaign hashtag on Instagram, or purchasing a bracelet—all are simple but powerful ways to raise awareness and necessary funds to reduce malnutrition."
For the month of December, customers can take part by "purchasing an angel" at The Vitamin Shoppe stores nationwide. Customers can also trigger a donation to Vitamin Angels when they purchase any of over 200 eligible products thanks to the support of more than 25 manufacturer partners. Participating products will be identified with the Vitamin Angels' logo in-store and online.
To celebrate a decade of partnership, The Vitamin Shoppe is teaming up with Mayan Families, a Guatemalan organization, to offer handmade friendship bracelets. Mayan Families enlisted the help of 100 women, including many who have benefited from Vitamin Angels' vitamins, to make bracelets for the campaign. These women make bracelets to earn income to further support their families. Over the past two years, team members from The Vitamin Shoppe have visited Guatemala to see firsthand how Vitamin Angels programs are supporting families in need. The special yarn bracelets are an exclusive offering for only The Vitamin Shoppe customers who donate $5 or more and can be purchased online or in-store.
"Every year for the past decade, the Vitamin Shoppe team, it's vendors and customers have exceeded all our expectations," said Howard Schiffer, President & Founder, Vitamin Angels. "Their passion and commitment to our cause it palpable. We can't wait to see what this December has in store."
Five Ways The Vitamin Shoppe Customers Can Get Involved:
- Donate In-Store: All stores will accept donations at the register and will feature the customer's name as proof of their commitment to the cause.
- Purchase Products That Give Back: The Vitamin Shoppe stores will have signage on all the products that will give a percentage of the purchase back to the cause—an array of manufacturer partners with over 200 eligible products are participating, including Healthy Delights Naturals, Irwin Natural, Himalaya Herbal Healthcare, Garden of Life and more.
- Buy a Bracelet: Customers can purchase bracelets in-store or online for $5 – the yarn bracelets are handmade by Guatemalan women organized by Mayan Families, many of whom are receiving vitamins for themselves or their children.
- Change Your Profile Picture: Customers can temporarily change their Facebook and Twitter profile pictures to ones that say "I Heart Vitamin Angels" throughout the month of December to show support.
- #VSVitaminAngels on Instagram: Customers can hashtag a selfie wearing the bracelet #VSVitaminAngels for a possible feature on The Vitamin Shoppe page and five more bracelets for your friends and family.
For additional information customers are encouraged to contact their local store.
About The Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. (NYSE: VSI):
The Vitamin Shoppe is a multi-channel specialty retailer and contract manufacturer of nutritional products based in Secaucus, New Jersey. In its stores and on its websites, the Company carries a comprehensive retail assortment including, vitamins, minerals, specialty supplements, herbs, sports nutrition, homeopathic remedies, green living products, and beauty aids. In addition to offering products from approximately 800 national brands, The Vitamin Shoppe also carries products under The Vitamin Shoppe®, BodyTech®, True Athlete®, MyTrition®, plnt®, ProBioCare™, Next Step®, BetancourtNutrition™, and Nutri-Force®Sports brands. The Vitamin Shoppe conducts business through more than 750 company-operated retail stores under the Vitamin Shoppe and Super Supplements retail banners, and primarily through its website. Follow the Vitamin Shoppe on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/THEVITAMINSHOPPE and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VitaminShoppe.
About Vitamin Angels:
Vitamin Angels helps at-risk populations in need—specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five—gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. Vitamin Angels works to reach underserved communities across the U.S. and in more than 50 countries around the world. Vitamin Angels has a four-star rating from Charity Navigator for Financial Health, Accountability and Transparency. To learn more, visit vitaminangels.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-vitamin-shoppe-kicks-off-tenth-annual-fundraising-campaign-to-support-vitamin-angels-efforts-to-combat-childhood-malnutrition-300370022.html
SOURCE The Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.