CHICAGO, Jan. 11, 2017
CHICAGO, Jan. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Kunal Kapoor, CFA, chief executive officer of Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, has appointed Tricia Rothschild, CFA, as chief product officer and Danny Dunn as chief revenue officer.
As chief product officer, Rothschild is responsible for product strategy, innovation, development, and execution. A Morningstar veteran, she joined the company in 1993 as a fund analyst and later served in leadership roles across research, products, and business development. Most recently, Rothschild was head of global advisor solutions, setting the strategic direction for the company's wealth management and online brokerage business. She holds the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation and sits on the board of directors of Y-Charts, a financial terminal provider based in Chicago.
"In her more than 20 years at Morningstar, Tricia has led numerous aspects of our company with an unwavering commitment to serving each of our core audiences, individuals, advisors, and institutions," Kapoor said. "Her mix of research and product development experience make her a terrific fit for the chief product officer role. She is passionate about Morningstar and our mission, and her forward-looking approach and strategic acuity will drive the continuous technological evolution of our products to help investors reach their financial goals."
Dunn joined Morningstar as its first chief revenue officer, responsible for the company's sales philosophy, strategy, and execution. He previously held several sales leadership roles at IBM, where he developed a strong background in solutions sales, client service, sales operations, and go-to-market strategy. Dunn most recently served as vice president of IBM's Midwest enterprise unit, responsible for sales, marketing, strategy, channels, and customer service in the region for the complete IBM portfolio, including cloud, software, services, systems, and IBM Credit, LLC. Before joining IBM in 2007, he led sales, account management, and client service at Neology, a software and technology services division of SmithBucklin Corporation.
"We're pleased to welcome someone of Danny's caliber into the new role of chief revenue officer as we continue to build a world-class sales organization at Morningstar," Kapoor said. "His robust experience will greatly benefit our ability to support our company's growth and the delivery of our data, research, and solutions to investors and the intermediaries that serve them."
Rothschild and Dunn join other members of Morningstar's senior leadership team:
- Stéphane Biehler, CPA, is chief financial officer, responsible for corporate finance, accounting, tax, and investor relations. He joined Morningstar in 2013 following roles at NYSE Euronext and Archipelago Holdings.
- Bevin Desmond is head of global markets and human resources, responsible for managing operations outside of the United States in addition to human resources functions globally. She joined Morningstar in 1993 and was one of three employees who started the company's international business in the late 1990s.
- John Gabbert is chief executive officer of PitchBook Data, Inc., which he founded in 2007 and Morningstar acquired in 2016. Based in Seattle, Gabbert has more than 17 years of experience developing technology to deliver private equity, venture capital, and merger and acquisitions (M&A) data and research.
- Haywood Kelly, CFA, is head of global research, overseeing fund, equity, and credit research and data operations. He joined Morningstar in 1991 and has served in a variety of research roles, assuming his current role in 2014.
- Pat Maloney is general counsel, responsible for legal and compliance functions. He joined Morningstar in 2016 from Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP, where he was a partner. Previously, he was a partner at K&L Gates LLP and its legacy predecessor firm, Bell, Boyd & Lloyd LLP.
- Daniel Needham, CFA, is president and chief investment officer for Morningstar's Investment Management group. He joined Morningstar in 2009 through the company's acquisition of Intech Pty Ltd in Australia and served in leadership roles in London and Sydney before assuming his current role in 2015.
- Catherine Odelbo is head of corporate strategy and partnerships, leading the company's strategic planning process, M&A activities, and major partnerships. She joined Morningstar in 1988 and served in several leadership roles across research and individual investor products before assuming her current role in 2012.
- Rob Pinkerton is chief marketing officer, responsible for marketing and communications functions. He joined Morningstar in 2014 following the company's acquisition of HelloWallet, where he was chief marketing officer. Pinkerton previously served in executive marketing and product roles for Adobe Systems, LexisNexis, and Siebel Systems, which Oracle later acquired.
- Mitch Shue is chief technology officer, responsible for long-term technology vision and execution. He assumed his current role in 2016, having joined Morningstar in 2014 through its acquisition of HelloWallet, where he served as chief technology officer. Shue previously held engineering and product development roles at Transaction Network Services, webs.com, and webMethods.
- David Williams is head of design, responsible for corporate design and its application to brand identity, products, communications, and the workplace. He joined Morningstar in 1993 and has been instrumental in establishing design as one of the company's core capabilities.
"We have a deep bench of talented leaders at Morningstar, balanced between long-tenured individuals who know the company inside and out as well as relatively newer executives who bring a diverse set of experiences across industries and geographies," Kapoor said. "While our mission remains the same, we have new opportunities in 2017 and beyond to further develop our offerings to serve today's investor."
About Morningstar, Inc.
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, and retirement plan providers and sponsors. Morningstar provides data on nearly 540,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on approximately 18.5 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its investment advisory subsidiaries, with more than $200 billion in assets under advisement and management as of Sept. 30, 2016. The company has operations in 27 countries.
©2017 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Nadine Youssef, +1 312-696-6601 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/morningstar-appoints-chief-product-officer-chief-revenue-officer-to-join-executive-leadership-team-300389364.html
SOURCE Morningstar, Inc.