LOUISVILLE, Ky. --(BUSINESS WIRE)--
With the annual Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan enrollment period set to begin Oct. 15, Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is focused on delivering affordable health plan options that can help people with Medicare achieve their best health.
Humana has served Medicare beneficiaries for nearly three decades, and as of June 30, 2016, covers more than 8 million Medicare members in all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. That includes approximately 3.2 million Medicare Advantage plan members.
“At Humana, we know that health means something different for everyone,” said Alan Wheatley, president, Retail Segment at Humana. “That’s why we offer personalized support and plans to help our members achieve their wellness goals, so they can pursue what’s most important to them in life – because great things are ahead of you when your health is ready for them.”
Humana supports its Medicare members with easy online tools and apps, personal attention and a long-term commitment so that they can manage their health with confidence. Humana’s care managers, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and health coaches foster strong connections to help ensure that Humana Medicare members have what they need to take on their health and their lives with confidence.
During the Annual Election Period (AEP), which runs from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7, 2016, people with Medicare can choose Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans for the upcoming year. Humana’s 2017 Medicare offerings include a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans. Humana also offers Medicare Supplement plans, which can be purchased outside of the AEP.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage (MA) plans cover all the benefits of Original Medicare, and more. Many Medicare Advantage offerings combine medical and prescription drug coverage into one, easy-to-use plan.
Humana offers a wide choice of Medicare Advantage plans across the country – from HMOs, to local and regional PPOs and Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) plans – designed to meet a variety of needs. For 2017, Humana will expand local PPO offerings into 74 new counties and will offer $0 premium HMO plans in 478 counties.
Many Humana Medicare Advantage plans include:
- Coverage for Medicare Parts A and B, with predictable copayments and no deductibles
- Part D prescription drug coverage
- Maximum out-of-pocket protection (on all Humana Medicare Advantage plans)
- Programs designed to improve health and manage chronic conditions
- Benefits for services that Medicare doesn’t cover such as routine eye exams and preventive dental care
- $0 copayment for 90-day supplies of certain generic drugs received through mail-order from Humana Pharmacy
New for 2017, most Humana Medicare Advantage members will have access to Go365TM, Humana’s wellness and rewards program, designed to motivate and reward members for taking steps to improve and continue their healthy behaviors. By integrating rewards with health, Go365 provides the tools and support to help members live healthier lives and reduce health care costs.
In addition, Humana will expand its telemedicine program in 2017 to 80 counties in 23 states. Members whose plan includes the program can consult a doctor by phone, via video or on their mobile device. This program offers convenient access to board certified physicians for non-emergency medical conditions such as cold, flu, and sinus infection.
Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
A Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) can help lower prescription drug expenses and protect against higher costs.
Humana offers a number of PDP options, including the Humana Walmart Rx Plan (PDP), which returns for 2017 with a monthly premium of $17 ($15 in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio), one of the nation’s lowest stand-alone PDP premiums. The co-branded offering from Humana and Walmart is among Humana’s most popular PDP options. It features:
- In-store copays as low as $1 on preferred generic drugs purchased at Walmart, Sam’s Club, and Walmart Neighborhood Market pharmacies*
- Mail-order copays as low as $0 on a 90-day supply of most generic drugs filled through Humana Pharmacy
- No deductible for most covered generic drugs, with more than 1,500 generic prescriptions covered by the plan to help plan members save money**
Health and well-being resources and programs
Most Humana Medicare Advantage members enjoy access to a number of programs and services that encourage healthy behaviors and foster overall well-being. For example:
- A fitness program specially designed for Medicare Advantage members through SilverSneakers
- The HumanaFirst® nurse advice line that provides guidance and answers to non-emergency questions around the clock
- SmartSummary, an easy-to-read, personalized update, provided after a member has a claim, that shows how Humana members are using their health plan and what they’ve spent on health care
In addition, Humana Medicare Advantage members who need help remaining independent at home have access to their own personal care manager, who can call or visit them regularly and provide personalized education and help accessing resources. Members leaving a hospital who are at high risk for readmission can get help understanding and accessing the support they need to make the transition back home as smooth as possible.
For more information
For more information about Humana’s 2017 Medicare offerings, visit www.humana-medicare.com or call toll-free 1-866-836-1210 (TTY: 711). Representatives are available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
*The ability to take advantage of $1 copays for preferred generic drugs may be limited in areas where preferred cost-sharing pharmacies are not easily accessible.
** There is no deductible for Tiers 1 and 2; $400 annual deductible applies to Tiers 3, 4 and 5.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health and well-being company focused on making it easy for people to achieve their best health with clinical excellence through coordinated care. The company’s strategy integrates care delivery, the member experience, and clinical and consumer insights to encourage engagement, behavior change, proactive clinical outreach and wellness for the millions of people we serve across the country.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information
(c)Business Wire. All of the news releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws, treaties and conventions. Information contained in the releases is furnished by Business Wire's members, who warrant that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein. All reproduction, other than for an individual user's personal reference, is prohibited without prior written permission.