CLEVELAND, Oct. 18, 2016
CLEVELAND, Oct. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion East Ohio reminds customers of the various company payment plans and government energy assistance programs that can help them stay warm this winter. Customers who may not be able to afford their heating bills are urged to contact Dominion East Ohio immediately to inquire about payment plans and energy assistance programs. For additional information, customers can call Dominion East Ohio at 1-800-362-7557, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., weekdays. Hearing-impaired customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf can call 711.
For more information about payment plans and government energy assistance programs, visit dom.com/ohiopaymentassistance.
Dominion East Ohio offers the following payment options to residential and small commercial customers (using less than 500 thousand cubic feet (MCF) a year):
- Budget Billing allows customers to pay a fixed budget amount each month, based on annual gas usage. Dominion East Ohio periodically reviews the budget amount and adjusts it, if necessary, so that the customer will not have a high balance or large credit at the end of the budget year. Customers should call Dominion East Ohio for more information.
- Current-Plus Plan: Customers with a past-due balance pay their current monthly bill, plus one-sixth of the total account balance at the time they enroll in the plan.
- The One-Ninth Plan allows customers to pay one-ninth of their total account balance each month plus a calculated budget amount.
- Under the One-Third Winter Heating Plan, customers pay one-third of their total account balance each month for bills that include gas used from November 1, 2016, through April 15, 2017.
- Short–Term Extension grants up to five additional days to pay before the next bill date.
- PIPP Plus: To qualify for this special payment plan, a residential customer's yearly gross household income can be up to 150 percent of federal poverty guidelines. Under PIPP Plus, participating customers may maintain their natural gas service by paying 6 percent of their total gross monthly household income, or $10, whichever is greater.
Winter Reconnection Order
All residential customers, regardless of income, may avoid a shutoff or restore gas service once during the heating season between now and April 14, 2017, by paying the lesser of:
- the entire past-due balance on your gas bill;
- the past-due payments if you are on a special payment plan; or
If service has been disconnected, a reconnect fee of $33, plus applicable taxes, will be billed to the account. Customers will be enrolled automatically in the One-Ninth Payment Plan when using the Winter Reconnection Order to help pay off any additional past-due balance. Customers may select a different plan by calling Dominion East Ohio.
Government Assistance Programs
The following programs are available for income-eligible customers. Customers can apply for all programs with one application at www.energyhelp.ohio.gov, which provides income guidelines as well. Applications also are available at post offices and libraries or by calling the Ohio Development Services Agency at 1-800-282-0880. Hearing-impaired customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf can call 711.
- Winter Crisis Program: This statewide program can provide income-eligible households a one-time payment to help avoid a shutoff or to restore service once between November 1, 2016, and March 31, 2017.
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) provides a one-time heating bill credit during the winter heating season.
- Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) is a federally funded program that provides grants for home weatherization repairs to income-eligible households.
Local community action agencies can assist with emergency payments to help avoid disconnection. You can find available resources in your community -- dial 2-1-1 or visit http://new.ouw.org/211-map.
Dominion East Ohio Assistance/Conservation Programs
- Dominion EnergyShare is a last-resort program after all other state and federal assistance is exhausted. The Salvation Army administers the Dominion-funded program. It is available to Dominion East Ohio customers with a shut-off notice or who have been disconnected. Applications can be made on or after December 1. Customers should contact their local Salvation Army Corps for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- Dominion's Housewarming Program provides weatherization assistance to help income-eligible customers reduce their energy usage. For information, call the Cleveland Housing Network (CHN) at 1-888-377-3774.
- Dominion East Ohio's Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) Program through CLEAResult has been designed to help our residential customers improve their homes' energy efficiency. It all starts with a home energy assessment. Whether customers are making energy-efficient improvements to their current home or recently purchased a new home, they can benefit from having a home energy assessment. Rebates up to $1,250 are available for eligible improvements. Visit www.deohpwes.com for more information.
For more information about any program, visit www.dom.com or call 1-800-362-7557, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hearing-impaired customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf can call 711.
Dominion (NYSE: D) is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 25,700 megawatts of generation, 14,400 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,500 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominion-east-ohio-helps-customers-stay-warm-this-winter-300346822.html
SOURCE Dominion East Ohio