MIAMI, Feb. 13, 2017
MIAMI, Feb. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The New Orleans-based Carnival Dream recently completed an extensive makeover that added a variety of exciting food and beverage concepts.
Following the renovation, which took place in Freeport, The Bahamas, the 130,000-ton ship yesterday resumed its year-round schedule of seven-day Caribbean cruises from the Big Easy.
The new spaces include:
- Guy's Pig & Anchor Barbeque Smokehouse: Designed by Food Network star Guy Fieri, the open-air free-of-charge venue offers a variety of BBQ favorites with a menu that includes Championship Pork Butt, Blue Ribbon Chicken, smoked Andouille sausage and Sliced Smoked Round of Beef, and Fieri's own take on traditional sides. The eatery complements the popular Guy's Burger Joints featured on Carnival Dream and 13 other Carnival ships.
- BlueIguana Cantina: A complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- Alchemy Bar: A "cocktail pharmacy"-themed lounge with mixologists dressed in lab coats who "prescribe" concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop.
- Pizzeria del Capitano: Here, guests can enjoy five different varieties of hand-tossed, artisanal-style pizza, including Margherita, quattro formaggio, mushroom, prosciutto and pepperoni – all free of charge 24 hours a day and made in a traditional pizza oven.
- Bonsai Sushi: A full-service sushi restaurant offering delicious Asian-inspired delicacies -- sushi, sashimi, rolls and more, along with popular beers and cocktails from the region -- all enjoyed amidst a striking contemporary décor inspired by the Far East.
These additions complement Carnival Dream's wide variety of onboard innovations, including a massive WaterWorks aqua park featuring a 304-foot-long water slide, a Serenity adults-only retreat, a luxurious Cloud 9 Spa with a thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite, and Ocean Plaza, a stunning indoor/outdoor live music and entertainment venue. Carnival Dream also offers Seuss at Sea, an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises, as well as play spaces for kids in three age groups. A variety of accommodation categories – including nearly 900 balcony cabins and extra-roomy family staterooms that sleep up to five guests – are available, as well.
Carnival Dream operates year-round seven-day cruises from New Orleans offering three distinctly different itineraries – western Caribbean cruises visiting Montego Bay, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman; or Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan), Belize and Cozumel; and a Bahamas/Florida route calling at Key West, Freeport and Nassau.
For additional information and reservations for the Carnival Dream or any other ship within the Carnival fleet, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.
Carnival can also be found on:
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/carnival
Journalists also can visit Carnival's media site, www.carnival-news.com or follow the line's PR department on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CarnivalPR.
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival, a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®" with 25 ships operating three- to 16-day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Two 133,500-ton Vista-class ships are currently scheduled for delivery - Carnival Horizon in 2018 and an as-yet-unnamed vessel in 2019. Additionally, two new 180,000-ton ships are scheduled to enter service in 2020 and 2022.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-dream-undergoes-multi-million-dollar-renovation-emerges-with-exciting-new-dining-and-bar-concepts-300406495.html
SOURCE Carnival Cruise Line