MELVILLE, N.Y., Sept. 23, 2016
MELVILLE, N.Y., Sept. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today released PRISMAsync Print Server Version 5. This new version provides additional color correction features and workflow integration capabilities that can help improve the productivity of a printing operation so they can continue to be a strong player in a competitive deadline-driven market.
Building upon the success of the PRISMAsync Print Server V4.1, which was designated as the industry's first digital front end-embedded G7® Certified System, the PRISMAsync Print Server Version 5 features a vastly extended, robust set of tools for identifying color issues and helping users produce their preferred color response to satisfy demanding quality critics. Out-of-the-box G7 calibration, an embedded color profiler and expert color optimization can lead to significant time and waste savings in daily operation and make PRISMAsync a powerful and flexible color print server for a wide range of critical digital color applications.
PRISMAsync Print Server V5 aims to streamline production for both, document and transaction printing, by providing an intuitive and uniform workflow. Operators can easily manage and run jobs through multiple PRISMAsync-driven presses and print floor managers can enjoy remote management and monitoring as a standard. Version 5 can enable an even more flexible integration of PRISMAsync-driven digital presses into existing workflows such as Agfa: Apogee, with new embedded JDF/JMF workflow connectivity capabilities.
"User feedback from the most diverse operations and the growth trend in digital color production are important drivers for the continuous development of the PRISMAsync family of print servers," said Toyotsugu Kuwamura, executive vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "Its design concept is that of intuitive, productivity-driven and flexible user interaction to help a broad range of users from novice to highly experienced experts master their daily print production tasks in a highly efficient way."
"Daily, our team serves color-critical customers such as renowned creative firms, photographers and model agencies. PRISMAsync is the structured yet flexible and simple-to-operate digital front end we were looking for to meet their needs," said Brian Boyajian, manager, Digital Print Group at New York-based Duggal Visual Solutions and one of the first users of PRISMAsync V5. "The extended color controls and immediate visual feedback of the new PRISMAsync version 5 enable us to produce the desired output faster to meet the time-sensitive needs of our most demanding customers."
The key features of PRISMAsync Print Server V5.1 include:
- Realistic Preview – Designed to help limit errors and improve consistency of output, the PRISMAsync Print Server V5.1 provides an accurate preview of the actual job content to be printed, selected positioning and finishing details, aiming to reduce the number of needed proof-prints.
- Digital Moiré Reduction – Innovative new technology is designed to deliver enhanced print quality by reducing Moiré patterns, undesired digital artifacts, while preserving the original image quality – with typical PRISMAsync user convenience.
- Pixel Precise Preview – To further analyze jobs that had undesired print outputs, PRISMAsync Print Server V5.1 enables the operator to check the job in great detail, including viewing of what CMYK the RIP produces based on the input file, job settings and system settings.
- Visual Feedback for CMYK Editing – With the PRISMAsync Print Server V5.1, this feature is available from the user interface as well as from PRISMAsync Remote Manager, allowing corrections to be made with immediate feedback in the realistic preview.
- PRISMAsync Remote Control – With Remote Control, operators are able to receive preventive and emergency notifications from the printer on a compatible smart phone (e.g. engine stop, when to load which media, empty output tray). This enables operators to plan ahead, act in time upon events and, in the end, reduce idle time of the printers.
- Configurable User Interface – Roles and responsibilities vary per operation. PRISMAsync now enables system administrators to disable editing capabilities from the press console as well as to define the roles and access rights to PRISMAsync functionality per role to help match their operation's workflow.
- Integrated JDF/JMF Interface – For an increased application latitude and productivity by connecting to existing customer workflows, PRISMAsync Version 5 now offers a CIP4-compliant JDF/JMF interface for JDF/JMF version 1.3 that has been certified by PIA.
PRISMAsync Print Servers are key components of the PRISMA Suite, Canon's integrated suite of workflow essentials for production print. Designed to optimize the print production workflow from job submission to completion; enabling users to adapt, evolve and grow within ever-changing production print environments.
PRISMAsync Print Server V5.1 will be available to ship in October 2016 through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Solutions America for the new imagePRESS C850/C750 and later in the fourth quarter of 2016 for the imagePRESS C10000VP/C8000VP digital color production presses. Expected availability for other PRISMAsync-driven digital presses including Océ VarioPrint i300, Océ VarioPrint 6000+ Series and the varioPRINT DP Line is 2017.
Canon will also offer upgrades to the new version for select PRISMAsync-driven models in the field, which will be rolled out in phases. Prices are set by dealers and may vary.
For more information, visit www.usa.canon.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2015. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Availability, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Prices are set by dealers and may vary.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
 Not available at initial launch. Will require remote service infrastructure access. Expected availability: beginning 2017.
Canon U.S.A. website:
For sales information/customer support:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/canon-announces-version-5-of-prismasync-print-servers-with-new-color-editing-and-control-capabilities-mobile-remote-alerting-and-embedded-workflow-connectivity-300333253.html
SOURCE Canon U.S.A., Inc.