BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 15, 2017
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2016 ("4Q16"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.1.7 billion in 4Q16. This result was 4% higher than the Ps.1.6 billion posted in the third quarter of 2016 ("3Q16"). In 4Q16, the accumulated annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and the accumulated annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were 34.1% and 5.2%, respectively. Net Income of Ps.6.5 billion in 2016 was 31% higher than net income in 2015.
- In 4Q16, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 14% or Ps.10.5 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.86.9 billion and increased 38% or Ps. 24 billion year over year ("YoY"). In the quarter, growth was driven by commercial loans, among which Documents and Mortgages stand out, which grew 19% and 22% QoQ, respectively. Meanwhile within consumer loans, credit cards and personal loans rose 16% and 9% QoQ, respectively. As of December 2016, the "Credit Line for Productive Financing and Financial Inclusion", totaled Ps. 5.5 billion. Banco Macro´s market share over private sector loans reached 8.1% as of 4Q16, increasing 50bp compared to 4Q15.
- In 4Q16, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 10% QoQ, totaling Ps.111.9 billion and representing 84% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 17% QoQ. Banco Macro´s market share over private sector deposits reached 6.8% as of 4Q16, increasing 40bp compared to 4Q15.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.17.5 billion (22.1% regulatory capitalization ratio – Basel III). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 47.6% of its total deposits in 4Q16.
- In 4Q16, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.14% and the coverage ratio reached 176.51%.
4Q16 Earnings Release Conference Call
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 1:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial:
Argentina Toll Free: (0800) 444 2930
Participants Dial In (Toll Free): +1 (844) 839 2185
Participants International Dial In: +1 (412) 317 2506
Available from 02/16/2017 through 03/02/2017
With the presence of: Jorge Pablo Brito (Director), Gustavo Manriquez (General Manager), Jorge Scarinci (Finance and IR Manager) and Ines Lanusse (Head of Investor Relations).
IR Contacts in Buenos Aires:
Finance & IR Manager
Head of Investor Relations
Phone: (54 11) 5222 6682
Visit our website at: www.ri-macro.com.ar
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/banco-macro-announces-results-for-the-fourth-quarter-of-2016-300408334.html
SOURCE Banco Macro S.A.